Lil Wayne’s Dedication 4 U is Hard
September 7, 2012 | Comments Off
On September 3rd, Lil Wayne (and DJ Drama) released his highly anticipated mixtape, Dedication 4, featuring him rapping over popular songs. Reactions in social media were swift as thousands of people voiced their opinions online.
In an analysis of thousands of opinions shared in the social media space, anticipation was high with 51.8% of those comments being positive compared to only 12.2% being negative (the remaining 36% were neutral). Once the release dropped, sentiment declined to about 24.6% positive, 37.0% negative, and 38.4% neutral.
Though many people loved the release, others had less than kind things to say about it. Comments ranged from positive to negative:
- Nicki’s verse on dedication 4 is awesome!
- This beat so fn amazin
- Just listened to Dedication 4….. CORNY!
- man.. this sucks hugecompared to the original, sorry
And, challenging the sentiment processor to do its best work, comments also ranged from slang to professional.
- damn the dedication 4 hard af
- on dis dedication4, all he tlk bout iz grlz. gay
- I really don’t like dedication 4 at all. All the topics are the same.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the mixtape. You can easily tell Wayne had lots of fun recording it.
Some of the most common comments related to the release include appreciation for it (14.5% of conversations), the songs being funny (8.8% of conversations), downloading it (8.8% of conversations), and racism (4.7% of conversations).